Following the Policy Consultation kick-off event at the end of September, we want to consult with you - the ECOLISE network and interested groups - on the principles that will form the basis of a policy position paper.
We are in the process of developing 10 theses on transformative community-led local development, centered around the following questions:
- Why do we need transformational change with communities at the heart?
- Why are changed human-nature relationships the basis for transformational change?
- Why is it important to acknowledge extractive economic systems - and the prioritisation of growth as the only and leading metric (GDP) - as the root cause of the planetary crisis?
- Why is collective action led by communities so important?
- Living the good life beyond economic growth: Which values and regenerative cultures do CLIs bring to transformational change?
- Why does repairing the feedback loops of our systems entail massive, rapid and scaled social and cultural innovation?
- Why do we need a strong connection between local and European levels of governance, also in the form of binding bioregional/ local plans for socio-ecological transformation?
- “Development” implies a goal - what’s our vision of bioregional transformational development?
- Why do CLIs need to engage with politics/ policies on a EU Level, i.e. the European Green Deal?
- Why do CLIs need to be strengthened by increased public support networks?
(Read the full 10 theses). We invite you to share your perspective in this online event on 19 October 2022.
The outcomes of this process will be communicated to EU policy stakeholders in an online event on 28 November (2 - 5 pm CEST), and will be the starting point of a wider advocacy campaign in 2023. This event is being coordinated by the ECOLISE network in collaboration with core partners such as the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC). It is co-funded by the European Union as part of the SPARK project.Register Now!