- This event has passed.
Canal Days Out
September 18 @ 11:00 am - 3:30 pm BSTFree
In celebration of our great outdoors and active travel, The Glasgow Canal Co-op invite you to experience everything that is great about Glasgow Canal on the first of two consecutive Saturday events located between Port Dundas and Firhill Basin in the North of the city.
A whole host of interesting venues are throwing open their doors for you to have a look inside, participate in workshops, and learn more about the Glasgow Canal area through led walks and cycle rides. This exciting programme of FREE events includes:
– Guided Cycle Rides led by Free Wheel North at 11am, 12noon and 1pm (45 mins)
– A Guided walking tour of the new Hamiltonhill Claypits Local Nature Reserve
– Pop-up opera performances by Scottish Opera. 11am – A Little Bit of Bubble McBea. 1pm and 3pm – A Little Bit of the Pirates of Penzance.
– Arts Yard open day including building tours (1pm and 2pm) and creative craft workshops (12noon and 2pm)
– Skateboarding lessons at The Loading Bay Skatepark at 12noon, 1pm and 2pm (60 mins)
– Tours and talks at Civic House led by Agile City. Civic House is Scotland’s first retrofit #PassivWareHaus, creating a case study to demonstrate the potential for post-industrial spaces to be energy positive and beautiful public spaces.
For more details on all of the Canal Days Out events programme and to book your FREE space to take part please see: www.glasgowcanal.com/canaldaysout
We are lucky to have a number of supporters and sponsors who help make the Glasgow Canal Events possible.
With thanks to: The National Lottery Heritage Fund, Sustrans, EventScotland Year of Coasts and Waters, The National Lottery Community Fund, Scotland’s Events Recovery Fund, Scottish Canals, Glasgow City Council Stalled Spaces.